9.29.2005

update, update-an

Just finished doing a personal essay. Won't tell you what it's for hahaha. I'm happy that's done (Thanks Ms wrycell for the help)

Started playing badminton with Len and Macel this week (monday and wednesday, yoga i do once a week during the weekend). Had to wake up at 5:45 am so we can get to play at 6 am. Sounds hard core? You bet. but as Macel so wisely explained, it's nice to step out of the building just as the day is starting: air is still cool, the sun gently warming up your face, so yeah, it's fun. And i like hanging out with Len and Macel, so the exercise is sort of a bonus.

yesterday was the season opener of Amazing Race 8. It's fun although it was sad to see the one (token, some would say) African-American team eliminated. From now on it's an all-white affair. Couldn't they add more color to the show? Which brings me to this "Dear CBS" letter written by Bedroom Dancing.
Dear CBS,

Yo. What's up? I'm a huge fan of your shows (Do your sitcoms make me laugh? Yes Dear!) and I just wanted to write and let you know how much enjoyment The Amazing Race has given me and my pug Dynomutt since it first aired. This season seems like it's going to rule too! The funny thing is, I was watching the premiere of the Family Edition, and I couldn't help but notice that there was one African-American team. I mean, I always heard that this country was a melting pot, but I assumed that this was just a bunch of disinformation taught by schools to keep kids in line, like that whole "the Earth is round" malarkey. By having a whole one of the ten teams be members of a minority, CBS has bravely illustrated the diversity that exists within America. Your show continues to warm my heart, like a televised baby jesus. Rock on!!!

Hugs,
Bedroom Dancing

P.S. - A friend of mine says that there are Asian, Latino, Gay, Lesbian, mixed-race, and other types of families in this country. Is this true??? If so, will these types of families make appearances on other CBS shows like Two and a Half Men and Still Standing?

But hey, i'm still a fan of the show. My gawd, having four people to a team makes one noisy, crazy, chaotic race. As in, ang ingay! - Neuroses x 4. And some brought along their small kids! Interesting, interesting.


Welcome back, Phil.

===

What's up with the spams in my comment box? Anybody know how to protect my site from these pests?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ay nako, ako din may mga spam comments. weird nga e. nagbebenta ng kung ano-ano.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you need to turn on an anti-spam option. Try http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203 .

Hey, where do you do yoga? Are you enjoying it?

1:57 PM  
Blogger miranila said...

Hi zarah.

Spammers talaga, they make life more interesting, not.

Thanks Cands for the tip. I've already activated it. now, those spammers need to work more before they can pollute this comment box.

I do yoga at home. I have this VCD called total yoga flow series: water. All i need is time and semi-private space, yoga mat and i'm set. But there are a couple of yoga classes out there. There's one in ABS-CBN taught by Lisa Dyogi and then there's Chakra in Loyola Heights, near your former house. then there's ananda marga which is literally a stone's throw away from my own place.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home