11.13.2006

she whistles

After a month or so of practicing, Veda now knows how to whistle.

I am so impressed and amazed at this development. for one, I don’t really know how to teach anyone how to whistle. I just told her it’s a lot like blowing air and that’s it.

For a time, she would blow air in our ears; I thought at first, she was just tickling us. yun pala, she was already practicing. In due time, we heard a distinct whistle – very soft at first but growing stronger by the day.

I am so proud of her. It really takes patience and tenacity to learn this skill. Basta, I can’t express how I feel. Tuwang-tuwa lang ako tuwing pumipito siya.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I've thought a lot about how odd whistling is. Where some people never have a natural flair for picking up an instrument, most people can whistle quite well, without being able to explain how, exactly, they do it.

4:06 AM  
Blogger miranila said...

it is rather odd, isn't it? and i'm one of those who whistle but still have a hard time learning a particular instrument (god knows i tried so many times in the past).

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home