11.29.2006

in the meantime...

If you were to ask me when I was 16 what kind of life I would be living 16 years hence, I’d probably paint you a scenario that is so far removed from my present life. I’m not being regretful. In fact, I’m kinda amazed at where I am right now and how far I have gone and evolved from the foolish, impetuous girl I once was.

A good friend once told me, do not judge your life against the achievements of other people; judge yours by how far you have come as compared to your mother or grandmother. Parang every generation should be an improvement on the one that came before it. I know that if my grandparents can only see me now, they’d be proud – especially my dashing lolo Pedro. Sometimes, I just wish they lived longer.

===

just had a quick dinner with old friends at The Block in SM North. the main purpose for this meal was for Bamba to hand us her wedding invitation (woohoo. I'm one of the bridesmaids, errr matron nga ba dapat?)as well as that of her sister Marie. They are getting married within less than a month of each other. Ang hectic siguro sa bahay nila ngayon :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MsLeaSalonga said...

Hindi sila naniniwala sa sukob, no?

4:36 PM  
Blogger miranila said...

Well, one sister is getting married on Dec 8 and Bamba's is next year, January 5. Hindi na yata yun sukob di ba?

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home