5.23.2007

LOLcats

There’s this internet meme called LOLcats that has been making me laugh my ass silly. It’s such an internet thing that when I try to describe it in real life, I can’t really present it accurately or why i find it so amusing.
LOL Cats (sometimes referred to as “Kittah“) are Image Macros featuring cats, and boy are there a lot of them. In general, they anthropomorphize the cat in the photo, sometimes using purposely bad grammar (conjugation seems to be a real problem for the cats) or web-speak. - mental floss

The thing that really cracks me up are those that follow the "I am in your X, Y'ing your Z" variety (influenced by "I am in your base killing your d00ds" pronouncements during surprise attacks in gaming). Behold:





More here.

Another subspecies of LOL cats are what Anil Dash calls kitty pidgin. Instead of the "I am in your X" structure, the texts are written in an awkwardly ungrammatical way as exemplified by "I can has cheezburger."(via Table of Malcontent)



They are so cute, what can I say? I don't own a cat (the last time yata was when i was still a wee kid in Bontoc) but i just find them and pictures of them so cute. Tapos me accompanying funny text pa? Ay, I is a goner.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Luis K. said...

It's frightening how much I communicate with my girlfriend in kitty pidgin now. Luckily she thinks it's cute. ;)

3:07 AM  
Blogger miranila said...

LOL Luis. buti na lang :)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home