10.20.2004

blogging as therapy

Four years ago, during one of the lowest ebbs of my life, a friend encouraged me to keep a journal. As a way to keep my sanity, she asked me to just write a couple of random thoughts as soon as i wake up. Writing things down, she said is a good way to sort the things that tend to take up space and therefore clutter our minds and hearts. But i never did. Writing down my thoughts has never figured much in my life. I don't know why. (Maybe it's because i'm such a non-stop talker and talking is my medium. Hahahaha That sounds funny.)

But then, I started blogging. After a few bumps (and 3 other blogs-that-went-nowhere), I'm officially on a roll.

Now I find that writing on this blog (whether anyone reads it or not, someone leaves a comment or not) has become some sort of a sanctuary for me. Well, sanctuary is too deep a word but you get my drift.It's like a repository for some of the baggages i lug around with me. Some kind of a courtesy baggage area where i can momentarily (and hopefully permanently) leave my burdens before setting out to change the world or do my errands, whichever is more urgent.

Blogging as therapy, who would've thought?

2 Comments:

Blogger indi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:05 PM  
Blogger indi said...

carry on, earns! miss ka na namin sa opis. - inds

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home