9.15.2004

shallow waters

this has been bugging me for quite sometime now. Why is it that mediocre artists tend to be the loudest and the most obnoxious in most situations? Why? Is it over-compensation or a weird sense of defense mechanism: "before somebody tells me i'm a talentless hack who couldn't act/paint to save his/her life, i'll just go on the offensive and offend their sensibilities." hehehe Wala lang. just wondering.

I have my fair share of encounters with the type and I'm just amazed at their hubris. Sometimes I just want to go up to the person and shake him/her till he gets his/her senses straight. On the other hand, it's quite the spectator sports to see them shit all over their own backyard.

Wow, it's only 11 in the morning and these are my first coherent thoughts. I wonder what the rest of the day holds for me :)

1 Comments:

Blogger joelle said...

hi! this is joelle, remember me? i found your blog through chino, i hope that's okay. how have you been (which is actually small talk since i just now got to read some of what you've been up to)? anyway, i do miss seeing you and i hope you're doing great. and yes, it's overcompensation, deep down inside, they know.

which will make me think twice the next time i start whining. haha.

cheers,
joelle

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home