1.20.2006

34 down, 26 to go

Yes, I turned 34 this year and yes Aimee, nabusog ako sa pagmamahal, not the least of which came from Buddy and Veda.

They woke me Thursday morn with cards, gifts and flowers. Veda’s card is especially lovely because she wrote the words “Dear Mama, I Love you, Veda” all by herself. Of course, Buddy had to coach her which letters comprise each word but golly nakakatuwa. It’s like we’re passing a specially important part of her life and our lives but I can’t really say why; I just know it’s one of those memories that gets tuck away and will be one of the first to be remembered when the time comes.

That afternoon, Day and Amats dropped by with a birthday cake and their Christmas gif t for Veda. They so dote on Veda, I bet when their own bubba comes, s/he will be showered with lots of love.

I also received greetings from friends via text and emails.

That night we ate out, just the three of us. Again, I marveled at how big Veda has gotten and how she’s becoming her own little person. Funny no, how my birthday is all about Veda’s revelations? I guess that’s how it goes and I’m loving it.

Saturday, I rounded up the usual suspects (El, Din, Sherman, Nana, Dindo) for some Italian fare at Bellini’s in Cubao. (Just the week before that we were all together din at my house for our Three Kings, post-Christmas, and post New Year party.) we dined on pizza (ang sarap ng al tono, i love the arugula leaves), pasta, some risotto, red wine and a slice of walnut cake. Veda got herself a free toy by shouting “wow astronaut!!” and enthusiastically inspecting the items on display at nearby curio shop, Vintage Pop.

Yep, I’m 34. and you know what it’s a great feeling. I was supposed to write down a list that details why I love myself more now that I’m older but… maybe next week. I read kasi this book that says the reason why growing old get such a bad rap from this youth-crazy world we live in is that we don’t crow so much about the gifts and wonders of growing old. I’ll see what I can do to rectify that but not yet. Hahaha procrastination strikes again.

2 Comments:

Blogger soulcraftwriter said...

"Veda’s card is especially lovely because she wrote the words “Dear Mama, I Love you, Veda” all by herself. Of course, Buddy had to coach her which letters comprise each word but golly nakakatuwa."

yes, that really makes our day, no? and kudos to buddy for being the 'responsible' daddy. i wish jong would coach eljo too on my birthday...hehehe...wishful thinking...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so so late, but belated happy bday! hope it was a great day, and that this year be a fantastic one for you too. :)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home